Water & Sewer Utility
The Water and Sewer Utility mission is to:
- Provide the Borough of Spotswood with abundant, safe drinking water
- Provide the Borough of Spotswood with adequate water supply and pressure for fire fighting
- Maintain pump stations and distribution systems
- Manage and protect current water supplies
- Seek new sources for future water supply demands
- Respond professionally to the public and government officials requests, inquires, and problems
- Follow enterprise funding to offset all water department expenses and user fees
The Department of Finance handles billing and collections for the Water and Sewer Utility for the Borough of Spotswood.
The Department of Public Works is responsible for maintaining the infrastructure for our Water and Sewer Utility.
The water and sewer utility budget operates independently from the municipal budget and is self-sustaining.
Revenue collected for water and sewer billing is utilized to maintain the Borough's water and sewer costs.
- Why is my utility bill so high?
High consumption - If you notice an increase in your consumption, we suggest you check for possible leaks. One way to check would be to take a reading from the water meter before you retire to bed, allowing no one to use the water through the night. When you awaken, and before any water is used, take another reading. If there has been consumption while you were asleep, there is the possibility of a leak. You may want to check the toilets; running toilets can use a significant amount of water (the most common reason for high water bills is a leaky toilet).
Zero consumption - It is important to contact our office if you should receive a bill indicating a zero consumption reading. This could indicate a possible problem with the meter. If the problem is not corrected, a large water bill may result when an actual inside reading is obtained.
- What should I do if I am selling my home?
A final meter reading appointment must be scheduled at least 5 days prior to closing and is scheduled between the hours of 8:30 am to 12 pm.
- Where do I mail my payment?
Payments should be made payable to:
Spotswood Utility Department
77 Summerhill Road
Spotswood NJ 08884-1233
Please return the payment stub along with your check. Be sure to include your account number or property location if you are not sending your payment stub with your check.