Core duties of the Municipal Clerk are:
- Secretary of the Municipal Corporation
- Custodian of the municipal seal
- Maintain custody of all minutes, books, deeds, bonds, contracts, & archival records of the municipal corporation
- Attest to the signatures of municipal officers and officials
- Maintain receipt of service of legal documents
- The Clerk is the Chief Administrative Officer of all Elections
- Certify vacancies at a local level
- Maintain receipt of nominating petitions & certifications to the County Clerk of local candidates nominated by petition
- Suggest polling places
- Maintain receipt of election results
- Chief Registrar of Voters
- Administrative Officer
- Acceptance of applications for licenses, permits, & issuance of licenses
- Issue assessment search certificates
- Conduct business with Municipal Departments
- Serve as information officer to the public and media
- Certify to the municipality's Bond Counsel as to proper advertising, filing of Supplemental Debt Statement, & that no protests have been filed with the municipality as to the adoption of bond ordinances.
- The Clerk is the Records Coordinator and Manager
- The Clerk receives all OPRA requests and gives them to the proper departments to be fulfilled.
The New Jersey Department of Health requires that all New Jersey Residents, who own or harbor a dog or cat 7 months of age or older, are required to annually apply for and procure a license in the municipality where it is kept.
Find information regarding polling locations, voter registration, and more.