What can I do if I think my taxes are too high?

Taxes are determined by applying the Borough tax rate to the assessed value of your property. Every property in the Borough pays the same tax rate. Property values, however, are unique to each property. To lower your tax exposure, you need to lower the assessed value. In order to appeal, you must file by April 1, and taxes must be current through the first quarter of the year. The Office of the Tax Assessor can help you file your appeal. Contact Mr. David Jasko, Tax Assessor on Wednesday evenings between the hours of 5:30 pm and 7:30 pm, or contact via email, or by telephone at 732-251-0700 ext. 835, during his office hours.

Show All Answers

1. What tax deductions are available?
2. What state rebate programs are available?
3. What is the 'Notice of Assessment' (green post card) used for?
4. Where can I find square footage information?
5. What can I do if I think my taxes are too high?
6. Why is property assessed and who assesses it?
7. What is estimated market value and what can change my assessed value?
8. Is there a form to request a 200 foot list available?