PUBLIC WORKS: The Spotswood Department of Public Works is currently seeking candidates for the position of full-Time Sanitation Laborer. Under the supervision of the Principal Public Works Employee, the successful candidate will perform the necessary manual work involved in loading garbage and refuse from rear years and curbs into trucks; perform related work as required, including but not limited to unloading trucks at the dump site, maintaining and cleaning the trucks, and snow plowing/snow blowing duties as may be necessary. CDL-B license must be achieved during the six-month probationary period. Must be able to perform heavy physical labor for extended periods, often under adverse weather conditions. Must be able to read, write, speak, understand, or communicate in English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position, and understand, remember, and carry out oral and written instructions. Full-time union position with benefits; starting salary $32,469. Applicant need not reside in the Borough.
Completed applications can be emailed to email@example.com
OFFICE ON AGING: The Spotswood Office on Aging is currently seeking candidates for the position of Part Time Bus Driver.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience, fixed in accordance with the provisions of the ordinances governing the salaries. The acceptance of tips is strictly prohibited, as per Borough policy.
The Spotswood Office on Aging requires a part time transportation driver in the event the full time driver is on vacation, sick or otherwise unavailable. The driver may also be scheduled along with the full time driver on days where double coverage is required and for certain evening events. The driver will transport borough senior citizens to non-emergency, non-surgical local medical appointments as well as bring members to the center and on trips and events as scheduled by the Office on Aging.
1. Provide safe, timely and professional round-trip transportation to registered members of the Spotswood Office on Aging to scheduled non-emergency, non-surgical medical appointments within the pre-determined, specified coverage area
2. Transport members for food shopping, local errands, excursions and events
3. Follow all Federal, State, and local traffic and safety regulations
4. Complete pre-trip vehicle checklist on a daily basis prior to picking up passengers
5. Submit required forms for maintenance issues/concerns and necessary repairs
6. Maintain registration, insurance documentation, EZ Passes, keys, and fuel for vehicles
7. Enforce Office on Aging policies and procedures
8. Maintain vehicles by cleaning windows and seats, while keeping traffic areas free of debris
9. Ensure all legal signage is posted in vehicles and updated as needed
10. Review reservation paperwork on a daily basis with Transportation Coordinator
11. Assist Director and other OOA staff members with duties as assigned
12. The driver may also be scheduled along with the full-time driver on days where double coverage is required and for certain evening events.
All events at this time are during the day.
1. Pleasant and patient disposition
2. Strong verbal communication skills
3. Ability to enforce rules and regulations
4. Ability to adhere to a stringent time schedule
5. Ability to work as part of a team
Office on Aging van and/or buses as required.
Wheelchair 4-point tie down system
Valid New Jersey Driver’s License required
Current CDL with Passenger Endorsement
Current valid medical certificate
Prior wheelchair experience required
Completed applications can be emailed to Donna Faulkenberry, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
POLICE DEPARTMENT: THE SPOTSWOOD POLICE DEPARTMENT is currently seeking candidates for the position of Part-Time Police Dispatcher. This position will require the candidate to work on weekends (Friday, Saturday or Sunday).
Following are the requirements of the position:
Be a citizen of the United States of America
Be a resident of the State of New Jersey at time of Appointment
Be more than 18 years of age at time of appointment
Be able to read, write and speak the English language well and intelligently
Must have basic knowledge and skills with computers
Must be able to multitask
Be of good moral character and must not have been convicted of any crime involving moral turpitude
Although not required, candidates certified in both Basic Telecommunicator and Emergency Medical Dispatcher (EMD) will be given preference in the hiring process
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to:
Lieutenant Les Genovese
Spotswood Police Department
77 Summerhill Road, Spotswood, NJ 08884.
POLICE DEPARTMENT: Substitute Crossing Guards (P/T) - For further information, please contact Lt. Les Genovese at (732) 251-0700, extension 856, or email: email@example.com.
EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES: Emergency Medical Technicians (P/T) - Seeking certified Emergency Medical Technicians with a minimum of 2 years 911 experience. All qualified candidates must possess the following: Current NJ EMT card; current CPR; IC100 and IC200; NIMS700 and NIMS800; CEVO or equivalent; CBRNE awareness; bloodborne pathogens; valid NJ driver's license and clean 5-year NJ driver's abstract. Starting salary $15.00 per hour. Completed applications can be emailed to Doug Servis, EMS Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered to the Emergency Services Building at 57 DeVoe Avenue, Spotswood. Questions, please call 732-251-2125.
The Borough of Spotswood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.