In an effort to protect community members at a higher risk for the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the Spotswood Senior Center is closed to the public. Office staff will still be available to assist clients over the phone or through email. As of June 8, 2020 we will start medical transportation with the following guidelines:
1. You must wear a mask and sit at least six feet away from the bus driver.
2. The bus driver will wait at the facility until you are finished in case you need to wait on the bus until they call you in.
3. Due to the extended wait time, we will need to limit the number of appointments per day.
4. You must stay home if you show any signs of illness. This includes but is not limited to coughing, sore throat, fever, vomiting or diarrhea.
5. Your temperature will be taken prior to getting on the bus.
6. You will notify the Spotswood Office on Aging immediately should they develop symptoms of an illness within 48 hours after being transported by our office.
As always, appointments are made on a first come, first served basis. If there are two clients going to the same medical facility near or at the same appointment time, we will transport both clients together. The clients must sit at least six feet apart on the bus.
Thank you for your cooperation and we will issue updated information as this situation develops. For more information on COVID-19 and ways to protect yourself and others, please visit nj.gov/health/cd/topics/ncov.shtml.
We are committed to providing our senior residents with the support and resources to live independent and productive lives in our community.
Open to all Spotswood residents 55 and older.