top of page


The MVC offers information regarding license restoration, points, suspensions, and surcharges. Call 609-292-7500 or visit their website:

Information on NJ Motor Vehicle Statutes





There are two ways to dispose of a traffic ticket in the Municipal Court. If the violation does not require a court appearance, you may pay the ticket through the Violations Bureau, either by mail or in person. Payments cannot be taken over the phone. Payments of cash, Visa or Master Card, check, or money order are accepted at the Violations Bureau Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. If you are unsure of the amount of your fine, or if a court appearance is required, please call the court at 732-416-1842. Payments are due by the court appearance date on the bottom of your ticket.


Below is a list of the most commonly issued summons offenses and the penalties assessed for each. Please be advised, however, that if your ticket was issued in a "Construction Zone" you must call the court to determine the amount due.

Statewide Violations Schedule

Point Schedule for Moving Violations

bottom of page